More than 500,000 to attend London’s pro-Palestine march calling for Gaza ceasefire – latest news

The home secretary referred to the protests as 'mobs'.

More than 500,000 to attend London’s pro-Palestine march calling for Gaza ceasefire – latest news
Thousands of Pro Palestinian supporters attend a rally in Trafalgar Square e
Thousands will be marching in London again this weekend(Picture: Amer Ghazzal/Shutterstock)

Suella Braverman’s job is hanging by a thread after political figures from all major parties have called for her to resign.

The home secretary has been accused of being a ‘nasty and vindictive person’ who ‘needs to go’ by SNP MP Stephen Flynn following her attempts to ban a pro-Palestine march taking place this weekend.

One unnamed cabinet minister even went as far as to claim that Braverman is ‘toast’ after she accused the police of bias over protests in support of Palestine, in a Times article which was not cleared by No 10.

Justice Committee chairman Tory Sir Bob Neill said on LBC her position was ‘untenable’, while Chancellor Jeremy Hunt has also distanced himself from her comments.

Over 500,000 people are expected to attend the ‘historic’ march in London this Saturday, which has seen the Met draft in 1,000 extra officers to form a ‘ring of steel’ around the event.

‘We are convinced it will be the biggest demonstration so far over Palestine,’ one of the group’s organisers told reporters.