Liam Charles, Benoit Blin, Cherish Finden and Tom Allen are back on Bake Off: The Professionals (Picture: Channel 4)
It’s only been a matter of weeks since the celebrities were let loose on the tent, now that other spin-off show Bake Off: The Professionals is back for a new series on Channel 4.
With the return of The Great British Bake Off still a while away, we now have the chance to see how this year’s bunch of professional bakers fare when facing those tricky challenges, with strawberry tarts and pineapple upside-down cake on the menu in the first show.
The regular judges are back too, alongside presenters Tom Allen and Liam Charles – but just who are they, and who will be aiming to impress them this year?
Here’s what you need to know…
Who are the judges on Bake Off: The Professionals?
Once again, the teams will be aiming to impress pastry chefs Benoit Blin and Cherish Finden, who are returning to the show.
Cherish is Executive Pastry Chef at London’s Langham Hotel, and a winner of countless gold medals for her cakes and pastries.
She’s renowned for being a fearsome judge, having reduced contestants to tears in the past – and don’t expect any let-up this time around, denouncing the very first challenge ‘boring’ as the teams attempt to work their magic over strawberry tarts and fruit salad.
Benoit and Cherish don’t make it easy for the contestants (Picture: Channel 4)
Benoit Blin, meanwhile, is Chef Patissier at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons in Oxfordshire.
He has also had his moments on the show, once insisting he wanted ‘more drama’ from a team who had spend hours creating an edible floating gondola out of chocolate.
Who are the contestants on the series this year?
Once again 12 pairs are taking part in the series – with the first six debuting tonight and the next six in Heat Two.
Here’s who you’ll be watching this series…
- Andrew and Ian (The Lounge, Ramsbottom)
- Clanny and Ryan (The Ivy, London)
- Domenico and Alessandra (Park Plaza Hotel, London)
- James and Neta (Andaz Hotel, London)
- Natalie and Kristine (Lexington Catering, London)
- Tracey and Moos (T.Sweetmap, Milton Keynes)
- Greta and Rosamaria (Cake and Bubbles, London)
- Ioan and Mareks (Macdonald Berystede, Berkshire)
- Laurian and Thibault (Cororico Patisserie, Cardiff)
- Nick and Paul (Talland Bay Hotel, Cornwall)
- Ruth and Laura (The Hurlingham Club, London)
- Theodore and Neil (Venachar Lochside, Callendar, Scotland)
Bake Off: The Professionals is on Channel 4 on Tuesday night from 8pm.
Share your views in the comments below.